Home >> News
The CO2 laser is a kind of laser with high continuous output power. It is developed early and commercial products are relatively mature. It is widely used in various fields such as material processing, medical use, military weapons, and environmental measurement. In the development and application of lasers, CO2 lasers have been produced and applied earlier. As early as the late 1970s, CO2 lasers were imported directly from abroad to engage in industrial processing and medical applications. Since the late 1980s, CO2 lasers have been widely introduced and used in the field of material processing.
However, with the deepening of applications, some limitations of traditional lasers, such as large size, many discrete components, difficult maintenance, short life, and other shortcomings have become increasingly apparent. As a result, fiber laser cutting machine took advantage of their unique advantages.
CO2 lasers are gradually being replaced by fiber lasers. Many customers initially bought CO2 laser cutting machines, but with the development of production capacity, there are requirements for efficiency, and fiber laser cutting machines gradually show their advantages. At this time, they encounter difficult problems. Whether it is to give up the original CO2 laser cutting machine and buy it again, or to continue the inefficient production, it seems difficult to achieve both.
Re-purchasing equipment is costly. Lead Laser here provides you with a two-way solution: transforming the laser and upgrading the CO2 laser equipment to fiber laser equipment.
Advantages of upgrading CO2 laser to fiber laser:
1. The fiber laser has a high photoelectric conversion rate and a conversion efficiency of about 45%, which greatly reduces the cost of electricity.
2. The same power laser and fiber laser do not need high energy consumption parts such as turbine high voltage power supply, so the energy consumption of the corresponding water cooler is greatly reduced.
3. The fiber laser only needs electric energy during operation and does not need extra gas for generating laser. The operation cost is low, the maintenance cost is low, and the operation is simple and convenient.
4. The fiber laser adopts a semiconductor modular design. There is no mirror inside the laser, no start-up time, and it has the advantages of no adjustment, maintenance, and high stability. It reduces the cost of accessories and maintenance time, which is unmatched by carbon dioxide lasers.
5. The quality of the beam output by the fiber laser is stable and the power density is high, which is very conducive to the cutting of metal materials. It has excellent cutting ability and welding ability, thus greatly improving efficiency.
6. The optical transmission of the whole machine is through optical fiber and does not require complex light path systems such as mirrors. The light path is simple, the structure is stable, and the external light path is maintenance-free, reducing many maintenance costs.
7. There can be multiple protective lenses in the cutting head, which effectively reduces the consumption of valuable wear parts such as focusing lenses.
8. The fiber laser light source is exported through the fiber, which makes the design of the mechanical system simple and can be integrated with the robot and the multi-dimensional workbench.
9. The fiber laser is small in size, light in weight, small in area, movable in working position, flexible and convenient, and easy to install.
The above information is provided by industrial laser cutting machine factory.