Home >> News
When cutting equipment materials, we usually use cutting machines, and plasma cutting machines are the most frequently used among many types of cutting machines, but do you know the cutting techniques using plasma cutting machines? Please follow the Stable Laser Cutting Machine Supplier to find out.
1. Cutting should start from the edge. Start cutting from the edge as much as possible, instead of piercing. Using the edge as the starting point will prolong the life of the consumable. The correct method is to point the nozzle directly at the edge of the workpiece before starting the plasma arc.
2. Reduce unnecessary "arc (or pilot)" time. The nozzle and electrode are consumed very quickly at the start of the arc. Before starting, the torch should be placed within the walking distance of the cutting metal.
3. Keep the cutting torch and consumables as clean as possible. Any dirt on the torch and consumables will greatly affect the function of the High-Intensity Plasma Cutting Machine. When replacing consumables, place them on a clean flannel, check the torch connection ribs frequently, and clean the electrode contact surfaces and nozzles with a hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner.
Plasma Cutting Machine
4. Use reasonable cutting distance. According to the requirements of the instruction manual, a reasonable cutting distance is used. The cutting distance is the distance between the cutting nozzle and the surface of the workpiece. When punching, try to use a distance that is twice the normal cutting distance or the maximum height that can be transmitted by the plasma arc.
5. The thickness of the perforation should be within the allowable range of the machine system. The cutting machine cannot perforate the steel plate that exceeds the working thickness. The usual perforation thickness is 1/2 of the normal cutting thickness.
6. Do not overload the nozzle. Overloading the nozzle (that is, exceeding the working current of the nozzle) will quickly damage the nozzle. The current intensity should be 95% of the working current of the nozzle. For example: the current intensity of a 100A nozzle should be set to 95A.
In addition, the Enclosed Laser Cutting Machine supplier can also introduce the techniques to avoid cutting defects:
1, rounded corners. It is caused by the heat of the plasma arc on the top surface of the cut. Reasonable control of the cutting torch height can minimize or eliminate the rounded corners. Severe rounded corners usually indicate that the cutting height of the torch needs to be reduced.
2, upper edge slag. The upper edge slag is caused by the fast cutting or the cutting torch is set too high. Slower cutting speed or lower cutting torch can reduce slag on the upper edge. The upper edge slag is easy to remove.
3. Hang slag at the bottom. Molten metal may accumulate on the bottom of the sheet. The faster the cutting speed, the less the amount of material melting and the less the amount of slag accumulation at the bottom. If the bottom slag is easily removed, it indicates that the cutting speed is slow; while the bottom slag that is difficult to remove or even needs to be removed by means of polishing indicates that the cutting speed is too fast.
4. Incision. The cutting table lists the notch width parameters and can be used as a reference for cutting programming. The width of the cut is related to the size of the cutting mouth. The higher the cutting current, the larger the width of the cut; in addition, the higher the height of the cutting gun, the larger the width of the cut.
5, bevel angle. The bevel angle formed by high-precision cutting is in the range of 0-3 °, while ordinary plasma cutting will form a larger bevel. Correct and reasonable control of the cutting torch height can minimize the size of the bevel of the bevel, and at the same time improve the width of the cut and the phenomenon of slumping and rounding of the upper edge. When cutting circles or corners, a slower cutting speed can be used to reduce the bevel angle.
6. Cutting speed. The cutting table provides information on the optimal cutting speed. All plasma systems can perform fast or slow cutting, but the cutting effect is different. When cutting at the corner or in a narrow space, the cutting speed should be reduced to reduce the bevel size and fillet phenomenon.
The above are the cutting skills of plasma cutting machine. Have you learned it?