Home >> News
Laser cutting machines have been widely used because they have the advantages of high work efficiency, good quality of finished products, and flexible processing. They have become more and more popular in the processing industry. However, when some customers use the laser cutting machine, the cut workpiece has a lot of burrs. Many people think that the quality of the laser cutting machine itself is defective. Is this true?
In fact, not all. During the processing, the parameter settings and gas purity of the laser cutting machine will affect the processing quality. Use suitable and qualified gas, deploy the machine, adjust the parameters, and the cut workpiece will not have burrs.
Reason 1: auxiliary gas
Burrs are actually excessive residue particles on the surface of metal materials. When the laser cutting machine processes the workpiece, the laser beam irradiates the surface of the workpiece, and the generated energy vaporizes the surface of the workpiece to achieve the purpose of cutting. When cutting, auxiliary gas is used to quickly blow off the slag on the metal surface, so that the cutting section is smooth and free of burrs. Different auxiliary gases are used to cut different materials. If the gas is not pure or the pressure is not enough to cause a small flow, it will cause the slag to be blown uncleanly and form burrs.
Reason 2: equipment parameters
Another reason is the setting of equipment parameters, such as the incorrect up and down position of the laser focus.
To sum up:
If the workpiece has burrs, it can be checked from the following aspects:
1. Whether the purity of the cutting gas is not enough if not enough, replace the high-quality cutting auxiliary gas.
2. Whether the laser focus position is correct, you need to do a focus position test and adjust it according to the offset of the focus.
3. If the output power of the laser is enough, check whether the laser is working normally, if it is normal, observe whether the output value of the laser control button is correct, and adjust accordingly.
4. The wire cutting speed of the cutting machine is too slow, and it is necessary to increase the wire speed during operation.
5. The machine running time is too long and the machine is unstable, and it needs to be shut down and restarted to let the machine rest.
The above information is provided by industrial laser cutting machine factory.